S&W 627?

CCCLVII

I have the opportunity to get a S&W 627 PC snub nose for failry cheep. It holds 8 rounds of 357 magnum. I really dont "need" the gun will will buy it if they are quality. It is pretty and looks very new.

What is the general opinion of these guns?

CDR_Glock

I have a 5" PC 627. Because of the large frame, you won't feel the recoil like you would in a 640.

I'd love to have a Snubby.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rodfac

I have 16 Smiths of various vintages in the house at this moment, some with locks and some without...all are quality handguns. Too, Smith has superb customer service if anything doesn't measure up...If the price is right and you like the gun, go get it. Rod

dgludwig

I like the gun but I'd much rather have it in a four or five inch format due to my concerns for the snub-nose having increased muzzle blast, having more recoil and less control in repeat shots and for having a loss in velocity in exchange for very little more in terms of better concealment.

smee78

If the price is right I say go for it. I have one of the 627 PC "Blood Work" 2 5/8" guns and it is a smooth shooter, being an N frame it soaks up a good portion of the kick and is super fun with 38's. Mine is cut for moon clips and is pretty quick to reload and the lock work is like a bank vault. The best thing I did to the gun was swap out the grips for a set of Ahrends, it makes the gun feel like it was made for my hand. Good luck with your choice.

cslinger

I have both the 5 inch and snubby PC guns and they are both awesome. I hate the lock as much as everybody else and these are my only two lock guns and they are very very nice. I actually find I shoot them more then my pre lock stuff since I don't seem them appreciating at all.

If you can get past the lock I think you will be very happy.

Vic1951

I would like one too. I carry a 11 oz. .357 mag. S&W 340PD. The recoil gets your attention with .357 magnum loads but handling two cylinders full is not much of a problem before it starts to hurt a little. I rarely carry it loaded with .357 magnum though. I can get good penetration with less recoil with .38 spl loads.

Dragline45

I plan to pick up one of the 4" 627 models at some point, and almost did recently but settled on a 7 shot 686+ 3" because of the dramatically smaller size. Unfortunately it had to go back to the factory so I'm waiting to get it back, but the 3" 686+ is a handy little 7 shot .357 and balances really well. I'm personally not a fan of the .357 in anything less than a 3" barrel, especially on a large N framed revolver that I certainly wont be using for deep concealment.

BigJimP

I bought a pair of 627's about a year ago - one in a 2 5/8" and the 5" perf center models...N frames, 8 shot, round butt frames. They were both solid and smooth right out of the box.

Appearance ...over the more traditional model 27's ..takes some getting used to ../ stock grips on them were not to my liking, so I change them to Hogue and S&W larger wood grips that suited me better.

They are both solid guns...and I like them. I have carried the 2 5/8" a little in an inside waist band, Kramer leather holster with a forward FBI tilt..

Inside 10 Yds I'm as accurate with the 2 5/8" as I am the 5" ...the 5" is a little easier to shoot at longer distances / but I'd recommend them both.

Onward Allusion

Great solid guns. Doesn't kick much IMO. The N-Frame is heavy. It's not a 327 for sure. That hurts to shoot.

When you say cheap, what's the price?