S&W 625 Model of 1989 Full Lug .45 Colt

Bob Wright

I had a Model 625 in .45 ACP. It was wonderfully accurate with my handloads.

My objections were that it was stainless steel, which I'm not too fond of. Nothing wrong with stainless, just prefer blue steel, myself. Biggest objection was it had a round butt which necessitated making special stocks. My objections were its "just not my thing" type of issues.

As to its value on the used gun market, seems all revolvers with barrels longer than 2" ~ 3" aren't too popular. But then again...........

Bob Wright

45_auto

Because I sold mine about 10 years ago, the value probably has tripled since then

Well, I bought one about a year ago. My luck apparently runs about the same as yours, so the value has probably decreased about 66% since then .... :rolleyes:

smee78

Yes these usually sell well, it all depends on the price your trying to ask for it. Also pictures are a great addition to any for sale item. So what are you looking to do? Sell an item or pick one up? Mine is the 625MG 45C that was cut for moon clips and now shoots 45acp &45C and it is a life long keeper and will never be sold.

Last edited:

Hunter2678

My 625 is very accurate and smooth, its a prelock and I got a killer deal on it 3 yrs ago. I checked the prices now and its about 250$ more on avg than when I bought it.

Colt46

Not too many of them

I don't think N-framed .45's are that desirable for most people. A frame that size is better suited for the .44 magnum.
That said, it's probably pretty damned accurate and will be easy to shoot well.

gunnut69

The 45 Colt version, 625-6, Is fairly light though large. The weight is lost from the large holes in the cylinder and barrel.. A 255 slug is a very powerful argument ender. The big smiths are accurate and dependable, but quite pricey..

damienph

I would like to find one as well. My nephew sold his 5" 625 Model of 1988 without telling me. If he had told me that he wanted to sell it, I would own it today.

somerled

There's always buyers for S&W N-frames in .45 Colt. You can probably get an idea of what they're selling for on the various auction sites. If you have the box and original grips, so much the better.