S&W 625 3" barrell

lonegunman

Anybody have one of these?

I have a 5" model but was thinking of adding a 3".

Was this a standard catalog item or a special run? Are they still in production?

any info is appreciated.

Intel6

I have had one for quite some time now. After the intitial run in 1988 of the 5" 625's S&W came out with more 5" guns and also 3" & 4" versions. These were marked "model of 1989."

I am not sure if they made any more after that. I highly reccomend going over to www.smith-wessonforum.com and ask in the revolver forum. There are some very knowledgable guys over there who are up on all the production runs.

If you do find a 3" 625 jump on it. They are great!!!

Got one of these 625-3 three inch guns that was originally manufactured with the marking "Model of 1989". I believe that there were 379 guns in three inch made in 1988 (with the "Model of 1989" markings) and another 1500 made in 1989. There has been other limited runs made for Lew Horton, but do not know the exact quantity. And don't quote me on those other numbers either, it is off the top of my head and it rather fuzzy in the morning without coffee.

S&w625-3.JPG

Robert

Intel6

Yup, Mine is a 1989 model in .45 AR/ACP. The 3" .45 Colt's were made up for Lew Horton and came out a few years ago.

rhedley

S&W

Model 60-9 Gold plated hammer, trigger, thumb latch. Production went to Lew Horton , I was told. This is a newer gun of the current manufacturing runs Box is nothing special, but calls the gun,"Mod 6009, Chiefs Special 9", it is a .357 cal.

I was wondering if anyone knows how many were made ?