S&W 617(22lr) grip size? Looking for replacement of taurus grip

9mm

I'm interested in replacing my s&w grips on my 617. I don't remember if its a k or l frame?.. I wanted to replace the grip with a taurus style m94/m85 grip or possible the new rubber style that taurus is using for the judge series. Taurus has the most amazing grips on their revolvers, I wish my s&w had a set, didn't knowing this was possible...

carguychris

The S&W M617 is a K frame, although K and L frame Smiths use the same size grips.

Most M617s, as with almost all other 21st century K and L frame Smiths, are round butt but are shipped with "conversion" grips that simulate a square-butt shape. Older 1980s or 1990s M617s are true square butt.

I have no idea whether Taurus grips will fit these guns; my hunch is that they probably don't, but there are a proverbial bazillion different types of S&W K/L frame grips available, so it shouldn't be too tough to find some you'll like as much as the Taurus grips. :)

9mm

There is none other than taurus I like. I had the m94 loved the grips. Felt the judge and it's pleasant too. I didn't know anyone here had a taurus grip they could try on their s&w. I might just have to buy a grip for a few bucks and try it.