S&W 60-10 homemade IWB holster

roklok

Recently picked up a NIB 60-10. Finding a good IWB holster for these 3" J frames is difficult, without the expense and wait of custom leather. I decided to buy a chunk of leather and a few supplies and make my own. Pretty happy with how it turned out, for a first try. Nobody is going to confuse it with a Sparks or Alessi, but it does exactly what it is supposed to.

Attachments

• S&W 60-10 holster.jpg
    S&W 60-10 holster.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 117

SilentHitz

but it does exactly what it is supposed to
And that's the bottom line, never could see paying big $$$ for a holster that's going to be hidden. I need to fashion one I can attach under a wheelchair one of these days...nice job.:cool:

swcr

I did the same thing when I bought my Model 60 ten or so years ago. There are a few holsters available for the 3" M60 but most are for the 2" and I prefer the whole barrel to be covered. It's not hard and with a little practice you can make some pretty nice holsters.

This was my first IWB for a M60 and has been used extensively for 10 years.
SWModel60IWB.jpg

I usually carry in an OWB now but still use an IWB occasionally
SWModel60pancake2.jpg

SWModel60IWB4.jpg

roklok

Wow, swcr, that is a great looking IWB holster. Did you make the other holster as well ? Nice work !

swcr

Thanks, I do all my own leather work. It really isn't that hard with a little practice. I've been doing it now for 12-13 years. It's nice to be able to get exactly what you want or to be able to get a holster for an oddball gun that's hard to find holsters for.
If you need any help or have any questions feel free to ask.

Sig P229
SigSauerP229pancake.jpg

Kahr CW9
KahrCW9OWB.jpg

6.5" Blackhawk
Blackhawkdoubleloopholstercartridge.jpg

5.5" Single Six
SingleSixcrossdraw.jpg

S&W M&P9c
SWMP9cpancakewiththumbreak.jpg

shotgunbuttcuff.jpg