S&W 5906 x2

smee78

:D

Well I thought these would be great for my sons when they were ready to go out into the world (home/range guns). I bought 2 5906's from CDNN, they arrived in 2 days to my FFL's and in hard cases. They were $299 ea and besides being a little dirty they look great (just a few rubs). Looks like they removed the orginals, put fresh set of Hogue grips on them and drop shipped them right out the door, they will need a good deep cleaning and I will need to pick up a few more mags and will R2 the guide rod springs but other than that, I can't wait to get to the range and try them out and get a good function test in. The only difference between the two are hammers, one is solid and the other is cut (I guess to be lighter) with indentions/recesses. I think I may also "clean under the rear sight", I really hate the mag disconnect.

If all checks out I may have to pick up a few more for general purposes. :D

Attachments

• 5906 001.jpg
    5906 001.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 196
  • 5906 002.jpg
    5906 002.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 122
  • 5906 004.jpg
    5906 004.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

smee78

More pic's

Attachments

• 5906 005.jpg
    5906 005.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 90
  • 5906 003.jpg
    5906 003.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 80
  • 5906 007.jpg
    5906 007.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 76

Onward Allusion

You got lucky sons! I love those 3rd Gen Smiths - built like tanks and reliable too. MidwayUSA has original factory grips (straight and curved) for $18. Mec Gar mags can bump the capacity to 17+1 (or even 20+1 if you don't mind the protruding bottom). Stay away from the ProMag 30 rounders however.

bitttorrrent

I almost did the same from CDNN. Sounded like a good deal for a classic. Saving for my first 1911 though so did not bite.

Yes, they sound better than the ones my Dad gave me and my bro a long time ago - Tanfoglio copies of a ppk in .22. Not bad, but they jam up once in a while feeding and are just not that good.

Your kids will have much better guns in the 5906.

Although that was the first gun he gave me and I well never sell it. That will be up to my son cause he will get it...a long time down the road.

have fun

smee78

Got my package from Midway today and it had my new springs and my new RCBS Carbide 9mm dies. Now to go to the lab (reloading bench) and load up some 124grain lead projectiles :D

Shadi Khalil

So you bought them guns and you can reload their ammo for them ?(till they learn at least) I am taking fatherhood notes from you my friend.

:D

dgludwig

A great buy on a great (if vastly under-rated) pistol. You couldn't have made a better choice for your lucky sons, imo.

smee78

Thanks everyone, I hope to get some down time in a few weeks to be able to make up a batch of ammo and get these to the range so I can get a range report done but I have been way to busy to even look at the reloading bench much less get to the range. Time ticks on weather your using it or not.