S&W 5906 and 4006

joshua

Hello, I tried researching this, but couldn't find any. I was wondering if anyone can tell me the difference between the stainless steel frame of the 5906 vs 4006. I'm trying to research the barrel feedramp cut in width/depth and recoil rod cut out. Are they the same that a 5906 top end can just slip on a 4006 frame and it's ready to shoot? I'm thinking the ejector may have to be replace to the correct caliber. josh

JR47

I believe that you're dealing with two distinct frames here. The 4006 was purpose built for the .40 S&W caliber. My 4006 will not lock in Model 59 magazines.:)

joshua

OK, magazine size difference or modified to not fit in the other frame. 9mm mags are easily converted to take 40 S&W. I heard there will be some filing needed on the slide of the 4006. Hmmm... project that is easily doable if I put my mind into it. :D I already have a compact slide for my 5906, a 40 full length slide may not be too bad if the parts come around cheap enough. What do you guys think? Is it worth the effort? josh