S & W 500 grips on a 386

dairycreek

Probably old stuff to many of you :cool: I just put the grips from a S & W 500 magnum on my 386 TiScan and it sure changes the characteristics of the gun a whole bunch :D Some good news and some bad news I think. First, the good news. A lot of folks feel the recoil from the TiScans is way too much. While I never felt that way I can tell you that the "500" grips do reduce the feel of the recoil a lot :D Fired a bunch (about 30 rounds) of fairly hot 125 grain 357 stuff and the grips really do make a difference. That's the good news.

The 500 grips are large. They cover the backstrap and then some so using these grips for concealed carry poses somewhat of a problem. They do stick out there some. I have carried my 386 in a FIST #1 clip holster and that has worked well. I'll work it out but, for concealed carry, the large grips are a bit of bad news. Just an added thought. My son-in-law has small hands and, for him, the 500 grips pose a significant problem. He just can't get his hand around them and feel comfortable. FWIW!

Overall effect. Really nice.

Last edited: