S&W 4506 price check

GeekWithAGun

Been thinking about something like this for a while, and found a shop with two in pretty OK shape, some holster wear, but nothing nasty. ~$450. Sound about right?

GeekWithAGun

$400 for very good? Hmm, I'll have to look at them again, but I'd say they are very reasonable. The only thing I noticed was that one was so clean I think someone with OCD owned it, and the other looked like it had a box run through it before it was put on the shelf.

DiscoRacing

45ACP seems to be a popular/wanted caliber now (here anyway)..they are going for higher than book prices most generally.

SW40F

After a quick glance at Gunbroker today, I would say $450 is right in the ballpark. You might be able to dicker $50 or so, but if the guns are in "OK, I won't be ashamed to show everyone my S&W" condition, go ahead, buy one (or both!) and enjoy one of S&W's finest!

sousana

I'm an absolute fan of the 1006, 4506, 4566, 4566tsw and 5906 Smith's. Very dependable and I've never had one have any sort of malfunction, ever. I own 3 1006's, 1 BNIB, 4 4506's with 1 BNIB, 3 4566TSW with 1 BNIB, 2 standard 4566's both used and 4 5906's with 1 BNIB. Sounds like a lot, but they are rock solid, and plain fun to shoot.

As to pricing a 4506, a used one in good shape is worth around 425.00 and in great shape about 450 to 475.

Harry Callahan

Paid about $500 for a 4506-1 about a year ago on GB. They are very underrated and very affordable when compared to Kimber, Colt, etc. Never had a hiccup and she eats whatever I feed her.

GoingQuiet

That sounds about right but I would try to be closer to $400 than $450.

FX's hit show "The Shield" did to promote 4506 sales than S&W. Now that it is off the air prices have come back to earth. I remember seeing people asking $600+ on them

Que

For North metro Atlanta, my stomping grounds, $450 is spot on. I am very much in the market for the same gun (with square trigger guard and adjustable sights) to replace one that I acquired in 89 and then foolishly sold years later. I have let a few pass that I should have snagged, gone when I went back for them, all at $450 to $475, for excellent condition guns. Stupid!