S&w 4046

deanadell

Got a chance to pick up a S&W 4046 for a fair price.

No experience with these what-so-ever. Any feedback other than "Buy-a Glock" appreciated :D

SW40F

Big gun.
Reliable gun.
.40 cal rounds
Double Action Only trigger, like a revolver.
You would be happy.

Dot_mdb

I own one. It is a solid gun. The gun has about a 10 pound trigger but the pull is relatively short. The trigger is also very smooth. The combination of the relatively short pull and the smoothness allows good work out to 25 yards especially for shooters who have experience with revolvers. My gun and most 3rd generation Smith semi-autos are exceptionally reliable. The 4046 weighs about 38 ounces. The 4043 has an alloy frame and weighs about 27 ounces. I think for a carry gun the 4043 would be a better choice.

Bill

deanadell

Thanks.

Won't be buying it for a carry piece......just one of those "Hey, you're a gun guy right? I've got a <insert firearm> I want to get rid of....." kind of deals. An aquaintance looking for some extra gas money.

I don;t really need another pistol right now, but I don;t have a .40S&W in the safe ;)

18DAI

Nice pistol, with a great trigger. Reliable, durable, accurate with the ammo it "likes". Enjoy! Regards 18DAI.

Paige

Smoothest shooting .40 around recoil wise, big heavy frame soaks up the recoil, one of my favorites. Third Generation Smith auto's are excellent guns.

Mortech

Sounds like the perfect excuse to get another S&W in the safe , its a nice pistol , hard to find a bad 3rd gen S&W . You do know you will owe us a range report with pics .

Sevens

C'mon, let's hear the price!

I don't seem to get a screaming deal anymore, so I very much enjoy living vicariously through the experiences of others! :D

Wuchak

That's an ok deal but not a screamer.

A few CDNN prices (add $10 for shipping to your FFL and $20 for a transfer fee)

-S&W 4046 with night sites - excellent to like new condition - $269

-S&W 4014 - blue finish alloy frame 40 cal compact good to very good condition - $289 (add $20 to get very good to excellent condition)

-1st gen Glock 22 40 cal with night sights - average to good condition - $299 (add $30 to get very good to excellent condition)