S&w 4043 ?

joab

I'd like to get some input on a 4043 DAO alloy frame. 3 11 round clips and 2 holsters, 1 galco paddle and a G&G jackass type rig. Whats it worth and is the gun any good or should it be avoided (I dont care about politics, its used.)

SouthpawShootr

I don't really care for the alloy frame .40s. I have the 4046 (very nice, but heavy). Also, don't let anybody take you to the cleaner over the pre-ban "high caps" haven't gotten 11 rounds into mine yet despite lots of trying. Also, these factory mags are still running at the original dealer price. cdnninvestments.com had them. Last I looked they were about $30. Holster? Holsters never impress me much. Most times, I pass on them if I can get the gun for a lower price without them. Somebody else's taste usually never suits mine. If you like the G&G holster, you can give him a few dollars more. If the Galco paddle is nice, might bring in about $25-30 more. The gun. It comes with 2 mags from the factory, so only pay for the extra mag. If the gun is pristine and you love it, maybe $400, but $325-350 seems about right to me. Pickup a Shotgun News and you will see plenty of PD turn-in 4006/4046s. Runs around $280-300. In my experience Smith 3rd Gen autos are good solid platforms. Fullsize tend to be a bit large, though.