S&W 4043 DAO Opinions Please or 5904 or Daewoo?

thralduro

I see these in CDNN and have found myself more than once not packing my pistol into parties (holiday season) due to me feeling safe enough not to need it, or into bars etc. I have been leaving the gun in my car but there is a certain paranoia I feel leaving a new Glock 17 or Sig 229 in my car, so I guess what I'm looking for is a beater that is in awsome condition, that's fun enough to shoot to bother to learn to shoot well, and if it gets stolen, I won't be kicking myself the rest of my life.

So I have it narrowed between the 2 Smiths and a Daewoo:

The 4043 because it is

1.) light (I will occasionally carry it)
2.) DAO no safeties to fumble with, I do not have a safety on any of my other guns.

3.) Easy to find mags for.
4.) I saw a used one in fair condition in a local shop, I tried the trigger and it was short and smooth, didn't have second strike ability, alot like my Glock.

5.) I particularly like the look of it.

6.) Like new for $279.00

The 5904 which is said to be in "excellent" condition, which may mean somthing else to a CDNN guy than to me. BUT I like:

1.) The fact that it is 9mm, I don't have to spend much to shoot it a lot.

2.) The Tu-Tone looks really nice.

3.) Lots and Lots of cheap high cap mags.

4.) 9mm is my fave caliber.

Downside is the safety, I don't like safeties on my guns.

Lastly

I recently discovered the Daewoo's. New ones are CHEAP but I've hear that getting small minor parts is near impossible if say, you need to replace a spring or somthing.

My questions on this are:

1.) Are holsters and parts hard to find?

2.) How often do they break?

3.) Are they in the same class as S&W autos?

old_ironsights

Do the Woo?

This is my Daewoo DP-51. I traded a guy my CZ-100 for it and that's turned out to be one of the best trades I've ever made, in spite of the perceived price difference.

This is the sidearm of the ROK army, and if you've EVER worked with, or had any contact with the ROK's, you'd appreciate that they'd trust it.

Light, thin, accurate, extremely well made and as dependable as a Rolex. Ambidextrous safety, reversable mag release and I haven't "broken" it in 2000+ rounds.

Last edited:

litework

I just received a model 4043 from CDNN investments and I'm very pleased with it. I purchased it as a Christmas present for my pops and may have to buy one for myself. If you decide to purchase the 4043 from CDNN, I think you'll be happy with it. You'll have to figure in another 40 bucks for shipping, transfer and background check though.