S&W 4006 Suppressor?

SC4006

Hello all,

For a while now I've thought about the idea of a suppressor for my S&W 4006. For now unfortunately thinking about it, and gathering ideas, is all I can really do as I want to save my money. That doesn't mean I can't gather information for when I do decide to get one, if possible.

Getting the suppressor isn't necessarily the problem, I know it's usually just a matter of waiting a few months or so for approval. The problem is finding a threaded barrel for the 4006. In the research I've done it doesn't seem like there are many options for the S&W 3rd gen autos. Not sure if I would want to pay to have one custom made, if that is even an option.

So tell me, what options do I have for suppressing my 4006.

Also I know this isn't the NFA section, but do you guys think it's possible that the tax stamp requirement could be removed in the near future... maybe even within the next five years, or is that just wishful thinking?

TheTurtle101

I like the osprey silencers. Get one for 45 and use it on all your guns. Are you looking for an extended barrel? You might have to have it professionally extended for this purpose. I think a 3rd gen would be a decent host for a can, as it would counter the weight well enough. No, I don't see the tax stamp being removed any time ever. The ATF makes too much money off of these things, especially since the world still thinks silencers are evil.

Onward Allusion

I tried pretty hard looking for an aftermarket extended/threaded barrel for one of my 5906's. Pretty much nonexistent. I think your best bet is to go find a good custom shop.

smee78

I'm in the same boat as above, I am looking for a threaded barrel for my 5906's but to no avail, they just dont seem to be out there.

SC4006

Well I guess it seems there just isn't much out there as far as aftermarket parts for the 3rd gen autos. Not sure how much a custom made one would be, but maybe I should just wait until I get a pistol that's easier to suppress. (This is my only pistol for now, I'm more of a rifle guy).