S&W 360PD Range Report

Tom B

I purchased the 360 used in a private party sale. It had been fired 100 times. This model is the one with the regular red insert sight instead of the light tube. Lock up is very good with no end shake and just a trace of side to side play. Took it to the range earlier this week. Ammo used was UMC 125gr FMJ and S&B 158gr LRN. My first few shots were to the right several inches but that was me and not the pistol as I am left handed and was pulling during the trigger pull. The gun is so lite that it is somewhat like trying to hold a feather on target! After I got used to the pistol it was very accurate for me at 10-12 yards. The 125gr bullets shot to point of aim and the 158grs were several inches high. I experienced no bullet pull even with the lead ammo. Recoil with this cal is very manageable and I could have shot the 125gr ammo all day. None of the ammo was +P however. The revolver carrys well in my front pants pocket. As I am a die-hard 38spl fan I have no intentions of shooting or carrying this pistol with 357mag ammo but will carry 38spl+P. I suspect a J frame like this would shoot loose with 357mag pretty quickly. Using this 360 as my carry gun now frees up my 637 to be a range pistol. I am interested to see how many rounds an Airweight can handle.