S&W 1911 9mm Pro Series Adjustable Rear Sights Replacement Question

erob3

Hey All,

Quick question. I shoot my S&W 1911 9mm Pro Series in matches at my local club. My pistol is the 1st Generation model with Novak Rear Sight. I would like to replace the rear sight with an adjustable sight. Suggestions? My concern is finding a rear adjustable sight with the same size dovetail as what it came with from S&W. Then again perhaps all dovetails are cut the same on 1911's.? I honestly don't know.

Thanks for all constructive input. Eric

Jim Watson

Novak makes adjustable sights to fit Novak dovetails. I guess the question is, does Smith and Wesson cut Novak dovetails, or are they having Novak make sights especially for them.
Kensight and Dawson, likeways.

Quadsport

I use Dawson Precision most of the time for sights. They have all types and sizes and even send the tools for installation. I used their fiber optic set on my Ruger Target 1911 in 9mm.

erob3

Thanks guys. I had only been searching the traditional blade type rear adjustable sight. I swear....... Sometimes if ignorance is Bliss I'm the most blissful person around. ;)

TunnelRat

Dawson is great I have used them multiple times. Just make sure the Novak cuts are Novak cuts.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk