S&W 19-3 2.5" what is it worth?

WVsig

I found this gun locally. It is a 19-3 2.5" in the classic S&W high polish blue. Looks to be in excellent condition I would estimate 95%+. Looks like a target setup to my eyes. Comes with factory box and is 100% stock.

What is it worth in todays market. I is my understanding that the 2.5" are popular

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• S&W 19-3.jpg
    S&W 19-3.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 296
  • s&W 19-3-1.jpg
    s&W 19-3-1.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 292

Guv

Not quite sure but about 9 months ago I paid $800.00 for a similar condition 66-2. It had the box with the cleaning tools and little screw driver and appeared to be un-shot. I would think that M19 would be a little higher, sure is pretty!

old bear

If I were in the market for a 2 1/2" M-19 I would not bat any eye at paying $700.00 for that, with the correct box. If needed I would go up another $100.00. Perhaps my buy price is a little high, but it should not be in 12 months or so.

Buy the thing NOW.

True Grit

It appears to be a nice opportunity for an excellent condition S&W M19 2.5" w/box. Curious to know what they're asking for it? Obviously, counter offers always help negotiate a better price.

Joe_Pike

The only two blued guns with boxes that I saw on Gunbroker that sold went for $800 and $805. The nickel ones were going for more for some reason. I personally don't care for nickel.

Deaf Smith

Fortunately for me..

My 19-5 is well used, but mechanically perfect.

attachment.php

And only cost me $415, including the parts I used to tighten it up (a new center pin) not 3 months ago.

And I shoot that gun!!! Love it.

Now that pretty 19-3 at the top of the thread... Aw... I'd oil it and stick it in the safe.

Deaf

WVsig

Seller wants $875 which is why I posted. I think it is about a $100 too high but what do I know.

True Grit

WVsig ------ if you feel $775. ($100. under the asking price) is a fair price to you, offer him $600. Show him the cash in hand when you make the offer. Good chance you'll buy it somewhere between the $600. and $775. Go for it ------ you know what happens if you snooze !

WVsig

WVsig ------ if you feel $775. ($100. under the asking price) is a fair price to you, offer him $600. Show him the cash in hand when you make the offer. Good chance you'll buy it somewhere between the $600. and $775. Go for it ------ you know what happens if you snooze !

I have thrown out an offer we will see what happens?

I think he's about $300 high.

At $575 I would buy as many of them as I could. Where are you finding 19-3 2.5" S&Ws in this condition for under $600?

Last edited:

texagun

Back in 1994 or 1995 I paid 325 for one as new in box.

I've got you beat. I paid $185 for one from Arlington Police Supply in the mid-80's....new in the box. I've still got the gun. Today they bring anywhere from $550 to $750 around here, depending on condition.

Guv

$300.00 too high, today? I too would give $600.00 all day long for sweet counter bored, pinned, 2 1/2" M19's. Jump on it.

RIDE-RED 350r

$700-$800 all day long....

Any 2.5" 19 or 66 brings a premium over their 4 and 6" counterparts these days. Seems like they are enjoying a spike in popularity.

But then when you figure it is a -3 (P&R) that adds another premium..

I scored my 4" 19-3 in very good but used condition 3 years ago for $575 plus sales tax. I felt that was a fair deal at that time for my area of the country.

More recently I see 4" P&R 19's sell for $650+ on a pretty regular basis.

K-frames will always be popular with people and that's a fact. And I don't really see how the market for them would decline by any significant margin in the near future. Are they the next Python? Of course not... But I think in the range of $700-$800 your money will be fairly safe, especially with the specimen you are looking at. Dealer knows what he has and is probably priced toward the upper limit of what it's worth... So I would try to get it for closer to $700.

Just my $0.02

Real Gun

Fortunately for me..

My 19-5 is well used, but mechanically perfect.

According to the S&W book, the 19-5 (unlike the 19-3) eliminated the pinned and recessed feature.

Last edited:

FITASC

I bought the exact same gun (sans box and tools) about 6 months ago for $349 at, (get this part)....................Gander Mountain!..:eek::D