S/S verses O/U

BILLDAVE

Someone told me since your eyes are side by side a SxS are easier to aim and shoot. I like both, personally. The ruger sxs is great gun.

BILLDAVE

I have I have never shot it that much that it got hot. Hunting pheasants I only shoot at most about 10-15 times in a day and not in quick seccession. Had no problems yet. I really suggest handeling the ruger before you make a descision.

Farmer Joe

My cousin has a s/s 16 gauge and after a box of low brass the barrels are so hot it burnes your hand after you use it so I will probably stick to the o/u.
Thanks for input, it was helpful

Neanderthal

I like my o/u, just because I've been using single barreled guns all my life. Double barrels are just foreign to my sight as far as pointing and target acquisition. I think the whole question comes down to what you are used to and feels more comfortable in your hands.

dbgun

I like the o/u as well. Tried to hunt with a SxS that a friend loaned me, but I didn't like the two triggers or the barrels getting too hot. Just my $.02

rush-2112

I have used both o/u and sXs. I generally prefer the sXs. I like the splinter fore-grip, and I use a leather sleave over the bbls. No hot hands here. I think o/u are to tall for me, the cheek weld is wrong and all that. But it is a wise decision to check out both styles before you decide to buy one or the other.

Ted