RX shooting glasses

AUG

Do any of you guys use RX shooting glasses?

I'm thinking about buying a pair would like your expierence with various brands of Rx shooting glasses?

The decot seems to be the standard but I would like something with a little more side coverage. My Rx is single vision lens and I shoot handguns most of the time if that helps.

Jim Watson

Wouldn't be without them. My pistol glasses have the right lens ground to focus on the sights, about like the intermediate on a trifocal.

Rustic

try rx inserts

I just got some Rudy Project polarized glasses with good polycarbonate polarized wrap lenses outside, prescription lenses inside. I can also change out the outer lenses for different colors. These work well for me, and I know Bolle, Smith and others make similar items.

Other dedicated shooting glasses are made by Randolph, Zeiss and Nikon. Some are spendy, but your peepers are worth it.

AUG

Do the inserts that go between your eyes and the lens (on wrap around styles) seem to work ok?

Does the insert scratch the lens?

Reflections?

I really hate the look of wrap arounds but a relative lost an eye recently due to not having enough coverage with his glasses and I am stepping up my gear. I guess you can say I am scared straight.

WhoKnowsWho

My work supplies me with standard safety glasses with thick plastic lenses to prevent shattering and large side shields to prevent side splashes. I mainly use them since if they get scratched, it's not too big a deal, I can get them replaced every two years for free. I don't remember the maker though, sorry!