Russian Shotshell I.D Help ???

Pahoo

MODS. !!!
Having a heck of a time trying to figure out where to post this. I just aquired a box of Russian 12Ga. shotshell. They have a metal (steel) case that is plated with what looks like copper. The box has Russion as well as English writing on it. There are 30-rounds in the box and indicating #5 shot. What the heck are these and would enyone know who sold them their value? Again, any and all assist would be greatly appreciated .... :eek:

Be Safe !!!

SDC

The Russians seem to be a fair ways behind the west when it comes to shotshell ammo, because they've only recently started to use plastic hulls; before that, your only options were paper ("bumazhny") or copper-washed steel ("metallichesky") hulls, and the metallic hulls are almost invariably Berdan-primed. Hunters in Russia seemed to prefer the metal ones because they were more weather-resistant, which would seem to explain your duck loads. If you can post a picture of the box and headstamp, there might be more info as to who made them. HTH.

Pahoo

My oppologies as I am still not squared away on posting pictures. The shells I have, are coppper washed and in addition to the Russian writing, there is English that states that these were made in Russia, just not what city.
SDC, I thank you for the information and it is appreciated .... :)

Be Safe !!!