Russian pistol

Pico

Reading the new Bob Swagger book The Third Bullet (great book btw) and the author mentions a Russian pistol called Gsh-18. I checked and this is a wild looking piece. Anyone ever shot one or even held one?

Pico

Attachments

• GSh-18.jpg
    GSh-18.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 170

Gbnk82

Never heard of them until now..thats a really sleek looking gun though do you have any background on it?

Venom1956

Ha I remember it from a video game... :eek: It used to be my go to pistol. Looks related to the Strike pistol somewhat.

Ghost Recon: FS! thats where it was. I think it fires really hot 9mm +p+ or something.

PetahW

It's nice to read a book(s) by an author that knows what they're talking about, regarding the firearms in his books - Stephen Hunter also happens to be a contributing/associate editior for the NRA's American Rifleman magazine.

Seaman

G-S 18
Gryazev-Shipunow 18

Larger pistol (but apparently fits in a Makarov holster), polymer frame, 7.2" OAL, 4" barrel, 18 round mag, shoots armor piercing bullets at about 2,000 fps, rotating barrel, pivoting trigger safety, push-button mag release, (better than trigger guard or heel), very sleek, appears to be an ergonomic triumph.

Looks like a winner, maybe they'll start exporting it here, or open a factory, others have done that.

Last edited:

Pico

Russkie

The ergonomics on this gun look great. I think it is DAO, 18 rd capacity. Looks like their Glockski. They will say they invented the Glock BEFORE Gaston no doubt.

:D

Pico

Seaman

Ahoy Pico,

Apparently pre-cocked on hot chamber, striker-fired, striker protrudes slightly when chamber hot, you can just feel it (on back of slide)... sorta similar to a PPS.

Forgot to mention, caliber is 9x19 para, but that caliber has become an endangered species, maybe they will build one in 45ACP...

Pico

Love it

This gun screams for some kind of exotic caliber. Old Bob uses it pretty well in the book.

Pico

Webleymkv

This gun screams for some kind of exotic caliber.

While technically still a 9x19, the ballistics of the 7N21 cartridge that the gun is designed to fire are much more similar to a 7.62x25 Tokarev than to most other 9mm loadings.

Last edited:

shaunpain

There are lots of great modern Russian pistols I've yet to see make their way to the states! I've always wanted a semi Stechkin, alas, they just don't offer them.

Gbnk82

It is featured in Ghost Recon: Future Soldier as a select fire pistol. I think the MP-443 Grach replaced it
is the gun really a select fire or was that just added in for the game??