running heavy

roscoe

I thought this might be of interest to other runners.

I took my new P32 along for a quick 4-miler this morning attached to my running shorts using only the factory clip. With the string firm (but not tight) on my shorts, and the pistol in the 4:30-5:00 position, it stayed right where I wanted it to. It bounced around a bit too much at the 6:00 position, but my glute kept it firm at 4:30. I wore a loose t-shirt and I am sure it was invisible.

Now, normally I run unarmed, since I am unlikely in the extreme to be assaulted running where I live now. But, I probably will be returning to an east coast city and I love running across a big city. I am not one of those people who can run for miles and miles on a repetetive loop. So if I live in a big city, eventually I will run through all the neighborhoods, including those where I will be (as JP Donleavy put it) of a colour in in an area where such colour is not highly esteemed. Hopefully, it will be in a state with CCW.

Of course, many will scoff at the little .32 round, but I carry it with the pinkie extension, which increases the pistol's capacity to 37 rounds. And in case the angry street gangs chase me with a 72 Sedan de Ville, well, I only carry API rounds in the gun. So I can shoot a few rounds into the engine block and set the vehicle on fire. That'll show 'em.

jmlv

yOU SURE YOU DON'T HAVE A CEZH SCORPIAN

32 AUTO? I mean 37 rounds is a lot to get in a little keltech 32. that would be one heck of an extended magazine!:p

Wouldn't a fanny pack make much more sense for running than an IWB? And any state where you have to worry about the neighborhoods will unlikely have a CCW policy....that is the catch 22...

Marko Kloos

Fanny packs have a tendency to bounce too much when they hold something as heavy as a handgun. I don't like to wear them when I am running.

My P32 goes along in its pocket holster in the front pocket of my sweatpants when I am running. It's the only gun light enough to stay put without bouncing around.

Kermit

Depending on when & where, I carry my Jetfire w/ my Camelback. Tough to get at quickly, but it stays put & is secure.

Rick R

I'm an avowed non-runner, so I'm not trying any of this at home, with adult supervision or after consulting a Doctor.

I believe Eagle used to make a front pack they called the "Day Run Pack" that was designed to hold a pistol, knife, money, passport, etc, etc. The gist of this was you wore it while in a country where you might easily wear out your welcome and have to E&E at a moment's notice.

IMHO, What someone needs to make is a harness with a hydration system on the back and a cellphone holder/CCW pouch across the chest. This could be done in a way to conceal the CCW and allow the user to rapidly access it should he find himself in harm's way. It might even help comfort wise by pulling the shoulder straps forward and away from your armpits where the Camelbak seems to bind when engaged in strenous activity, like watching the kids mow or the little woman weed the garden. Sometimes I have to do a lot of arm waving from the hammock to get their attention so one of them will go inside and get me a refill.

food for thought...

Rick

Jim V

The "Day Run Pack" was called a Biafra Bag. After the unsuccessful secession from Nigeria in the late '60s. The mercs on the losing side wanted to have something with them at all times that might help them get their a$$es out of there when the time came. But the idea is the same.

Anyway, check Brigade Quartermasters at Action Gear and see what they have to offer. They did have the packs for those that may have to di di mau.