Ruger Vaquero Bisley

velocette

What a Hoot!

I recently traded for a Ruger Bisley in .45 Colt. I'd always wanted a .45 Colt revolver, this one was a good trade for another revolver that I didn't use much.
First thing I found out was that none of the local shops carry .45 Colt ammo. So, its to Midway for some brass, dies and some 250 grain lead bullets. Add some Unique powder and some Winchester primers & I'm off.
I really expected it to have a significant recoil, a big bullet and more powder than a .45 acp. Well the recoil was was quite controllable, the big revolver just rolls upward in the hand, and is positioned just right to re-cock the hammer.
Shooting this thing is just plain fun, it does not beat me up, has a satisfying thump when it goes off, is suitably accurate. It does not toss its fired brass all over the place to get lost. Why did I wait so long?

Vaquero004.jpg

Roger

Lolgasm

Congrats on the new gun. I dont ever see myself owning a single action only, except for a 1911, but I wouldnt mind shooting one every now and then. What did you trade for it?

Auto426

.45 Colt is a great revolver cartridge. I shot my grandfathers Judge, and was surprised by how little it recoiled when looking at the big cartridge. It still kicked, but as you said, the gun just rolled up, no pain at all.

I have been thinking about adding a single action to the collection one day. What collection isn't complete without at least one SAA style .45 Colt?