Ruger Target Rifles

slabsides

Member In Memoriam
You mean the VX laminate?

My huntin' pard has one in .25-06: nicely accurate. On targets with 117 gr bullet, under .5 moa, and the last time it was shot at a coyote, second shot, at lasered 520 yards, took the doggy's life... (Over bait on a frozen Maine lake.)
That two stage trigger is sweet...easy to get used to.

gonziii

Thank you for the reply! I am a fan of Ruger, rugged reliable guns, but wanted more in the accuracy department. I had a MKII Stainless Synthetic, but sold it. I was a nice reliable gun, but I couldn't get better than 1.5 to 1.75 inches at 100 yards. I also didn't care for the recoil, 30-06 and if I remember correctly, it was on the light side.

I have read a few good reviews on their target rifles and wanted to see how others felt about them. There are two more rifles that I see in my future, a Tikka T3 Hunter in 6.5x55 and something in a .204. Will have to add Ruger to the list for the .204, along with Savage and CZ.

Thanks again!

JH1

The ruger varmint rifles have very nice 2-stage triggers. My buddy had one in .22-250 that was laminate with the "target gray" finish. Like i said, i loved the trigger, and the gun was accurate, but nothing too special. I love ruger bolt guns, they're 100% reliable and great overall.....saying that, i still think they lack the out-of-the-box accuracy that can be had with a savage or cz.