Ruger super single six

RON 1

I have a chance to trade for a ruger super single six . like new in the box is this gun worth $250......also is it a good quality gun

Kevinch

I have an older Single Six - it only shoots .22LR, & has one cylinder. I think mine is a 1960 vintage or so. I can't really comment on the quality of a newer gun, but mine is good. Nice & tight, shoots accurately enough with the fixed sights. It's a fun gun to plink with.

As for price I don't know; my initial reaction is that $250 is high but that is without much study. I paid (I think) about $125 or $150 for mine a good 5 years ago but would rate it about 95% or so as the finish is a little worn & there is a scratch running up the full length of the backstrap (this gun is blue).

629 shooter

Is it blued or stainless? I would not pay $250 used for the blued version - the aluminum frame on the examples I have looked at degraded the appearance of the gun in my opinion. The stainless versions have steel grip frames.

I have a stainless Single Six with the mag cylinder that cost me a little over $300 (new) a few years ago. I think $250 for a like-new stainless is a good price. My only complaint was the creepy trigger pull - which all Ruger single actions have - at least all the ones I have shot.

After performing some trigger work the gun turned out to be one of the more enjoyable guns I have ever owned! It also turned out to be more accurate than I thought it would be ( at least with 22 long rifle ammo). I don't see myself parting with mine any time soon! Good luck!