Ruger Super Blackhawk questions

onlybrowning

I just picked up my Bisley 44 SBH. The cylinder removal pin is not removeable...meaning it stays on the gun when the cylinder is removed. I have never seen this before and was wondering if it is normal and if it tells the age of the gun? Also I had to use pliers with a rag over it to get it out? It worries me. :confused:

I am wondering how "good" can you make the trigger in this gun? I am used to a 1.6 oz. trigger in my target rifle and a 2.5 lb trigger in my hunting rifle. Is this the "Wolf springs" I hear about?

And finally, is there anyway to quiet or eliminate the obnoxiously loud clicks the gun makes when cocking the hammer? I tried to put tension on the trigger while cocking but it didn't work.

Thanks in advance

Harley Quinn

Trigger pull would be tough to get that light IMO

Nor would I want it.

The RSBH is the same way on the cylinder pin. If that helps.

My pin has a tendency to move forward and cause the cylinder to jamb.

I am reading your post and throwing this in because it just started and was wondering about it myself, shoot a few rounds and the pin moves and cannot continue to fire until I return the pin to the rear of the housing.

I figure it is only a slight adjustment on the tension of the spring holding the nut (if you want to call it that) on the pin holding the pin in place. If that makes sense.

HQ

onlybrowning

Thanks for the replies guys! I would also like to know more about this pin.

Also I looked at my friend's Super Blackhawk Hunter model and his pin comes all the way out because the ejector is longer, so it goes toward the muzzle futher than mine allowing the pin to come all the way out.

Harley Quinn

Harry, aint that the truth!

Something about clicking one of those, is like racking the slide on a shotgun.
All Righty Mighty Fine. :D
Stops um in their tracks and you don't even need to say BOO! Certain sounds just make you very aware. LOL

HQ

nefshooter

You can take off the grips and remove one side of the trigger spings legs to lighten the trigger pull this is the way the oldtimers did it.

Harley Quinn

Ammo Junky, thank's

I'll take care of that very soon. I am going to go to the site as I finish this.

Edit: Just checked out the site. I am going for a pak with springs, not to light and the base pin, thanks again.

You want enough power in that hammer and spring not to have any mishaps.
You need to ding those primers very well. A slow burn is not what you want. I have seen some uglies in my time around revolvers and haste.:(

Not just revolvers but all of them there firing things.:eek:

HQ