Ruger Super Blackhawk Hunter 45Colt

smee78

Well some days deals find you, I was sitting at the house and a friend called me. He was looking at selling off a few items one of them being a gun I have been looking for, its a Ruger Super Blackhawk Hunter in 45Colt. He recalled me saying if he ever wanted to sell it then to give me a call, well he did and I was able to score it with box, paper work & rings all for the whopping price of $450! It has only seen about a box or two of shells, I was super happy to have this drop in my lap. I guess I used up all my gun luck for this year.

g.willikers

Super Black Hawks are usually chambered for .44 Mag.
They are available in 454 Casull, too, which also chambers .45 Colt.
Maybe that's what it is.

BlkHawk73

Super Black Hawks are usually chambered for .44 Mag.
They are available in 454 Casull, too, which also chambers .45 Colt.
Maybe that's what it is.

ALL of the centerfire Hunter models are marked as Super Blackhawks.

Have one of these 45Hunters myself. A fantastic revolver.

g.willikers

The Ruger website seems a mite confusing.
The 45 Colt/45 ACP Convertible is listed in the Blackhawk section.
The Super Blackhawk section contains the .44 Mag, .454 and ..480.
The Hunter series is also called Super Blackhawk, but in .44 and .41 Magnum, no mention of .45 Colt.
??

Pahoo

Rim-fire model

Would add that this model is also available in .22/.22WMR combo and in my book, the best of the Single-Six's. if I believe these larger calibers some in the Bisley configuration and they do shine !!! .... :)

Be Safe !!!

BlkHawk73

The Ruger website seems a mite confusing.
The 45 Colt/45 ACP Convertible is listed in the Blackhawk section.
The Super Blackhawk section contains the .44 Mag, .454 and ..480.
The Hunter series is also called Super Blackhawk, but in .44 and .41 Magnum, no mention of .45 Colt.
??

There's lots of past models and variations not listed but they certainly exist.

g.willikers

How long does the typical manufacturer, like Ruger, have parts still available for their older products?
For some guns, like 1911s, it will never be a problem, but Rugers aren't particularly noted for having that kind of after market support.
Just wondering.

smee78

Are you serious? Ruger has had an amazing customer service department that takes care of all but the stupidest of problems. Also most of these parts are avaliable from other lines they produce, short of blowing up the barrel on this model.

I also would love to add a 22 version to the collection some day.

Longshot4

I purchased a SB in 44 back in 1978 I believe it was considered a good silhouette gun. After working up loads and putting Packmyres on it it shot quite well. Although the 10 1/2" barrel was a little muzzle heavy.

I like the looks of the 45. What was the barrel length?

BlkHawk73

How long does the typical manufacturer, like Ruger, have parts still available for their older products?
For some guns, like 1911s, it will never be a problem, but Rugers aren't particularly noted for having that kind of after market support.

:confused::confused: Ummm, as noted above, Ruger is perhaps at the top of the customer support. Parts are available until the models are out of production at least. Even then parts aren't hen's teeth (very few exceptions) Keep in mind that these Hunters are using most of the common parts for the BH and SBH models already.
No after market support? Obviously haven't been paying attention to this market for a couple decades. ;)