Ruger sr556 varmint piston 20" sts

DaleA

Not a bad price at all.

For comparison, a couple stores in my area had the Ruger AR 556 (not a piston version) selling for $550 recently. Bushmasters and DPMS were under $500...this might be just the right time to get one. (Or wait until I buy one and then the market will drop out and you'll be able to pick 'em up for $200 anywhere.)

Stats Shooter

I have one. I got it for $900. They aren't being made anymore, but when they were, MSRP was nearly $2k.
Mine will shoot a 75gr Hornady BTHP 1/4 MOA at 100 yards and holds 1/2 moa at 600 yards. I shot 2 600 yard matches with it. I also shoot a couple 200 yard matches and won both with a Leupold Mk AR Mod 1 scope on mine. I have about 3000 rounds down mine so far. Probably goona wear this barrel out at some point

They run very clean, and the gas block is easy to clean. The factory trigger is a 2 stage and crisp 3lbs.It is one of the best AR factory triggers I have ever used. Being able to adjust the gas is a big plus. I used to have to tune my handloads to the gun, and go by different weights for the buffer depending on what ammo I was running. But with the Ruger SR series, you can turn the gas up or down. I also have the Ruger SR 762

Fair warning though, mine, doesn't like 55gr bullets. Anything 62 gr to 80 gr runs great. But 55 gr bullets just print so-so 1.5 moa groups. But 62 and up 0.5-0.25"