Ruger SR22?

confused

I have seen and held but not shot one.Local gun store has one and it's pretty neat.It looks like an AR and the reciever is a 10-22 with the same trigger I am told.Tried and true.This one has the drum attached to it and is pretty cool.
I can't justify spending that much for a .22(let alone a 10-22).

seniordep2010

you can customize a 1022 to look somewhat like an ar for about $100 with the Tapco t6 stock. But still doesnt look quite as neat as the sr22.

CraigC

Looks to be a great new addition to Ruger's lineup. It's a basic 10/22 receiver with a Nordic kit installed. You can't build one for what you can buy the SR-22 for ($450 street price), especially with a good hammer-forged, threaded barrel. They appear to be much better shooters than your average carbine.

essohbe

Check out the thread at Rimfire Central. http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301344

I bought the Archangel because the Nordic was too much $$$. The grip doesn't come off the archangel but i don't care, it's a good one anyway.
Now the SR-22 came out though.... I could've just nabbed that for less than it costs to fit the Nordic. I couldn't have known though.

It's been my experience you can't beat the 10|22. Allot of people get dedicated .22lr uppers for their ARs and get let down but the Ruger's design is always consistent and reliable. Sticking that into an AR kit to capitalize on the .22lr AR craze going on was a good move on their part.