Ruger SR22 or FMK 9C1 G2??

Snyperx

So looking for a new pistol to replace my recently sold Ruger LC9. I am been heavily contemplating the Ruger SR22 or the FMK 9C1 G2. They are both around $300. I also already have a .22LR and 9mm, so whichever one I get will be the second of that caliber in my collection.

oldcabin

I own two of the SR22. I find them to be well built, easy use and service, and very forgiving of ammo brands. Seem to work with everything. I am very happy with them. They seem to be popular still so even if you did buy one and decide you don't like it, It would be easy to sell.

Snyperx

What is its purpose?

You've picked a fullsize 9mm and a .22 plinker those fit vastly different rolls.

The purpose, to add to my collection of guns:D I'm not sure to be honest, something I can take to the range and have fun with, but use it defensively I suppose? I have a S&W SD40VE next my bed already, so defense is covered, not to mention my existing SAR B6P 9mm.

Last edited:

weblance

The purpose, to add to my collection of guns I'm not sure to be honest, something I can take to the range and have fun with, but use it defensively I suppose?

OK... Since you made the comment, Ill be the first... you arent seriously considering using a 22 for defense, are you? Bad idea. Just sayin...

pelo801

If it's for the purpose of adding to your collection and it doesn't seem you care which caliber you go with. How close in similarity are the two guns you are considering to the two you already have?

If it were me I would want to branch out and get something different than what I already have.

What are the 9mm and .22 you currently have, if you don't mind me asking?

Snyperx

OK... Since you made the comment, Ill be the first... you arent seriously considering using a 22 for defense, are you? Bad idea. Just sayin...

I really am just looking for a "fun" gun for around $300. No, I would not use a .22LR handgun for defense, that is what my S&W SD40VE is for:)

mrdaputer

How much 22 ammo do you have? It is not as easy to find as 9mm. If you have plenty I love my sr22 so do my kids and their girlfriends. It is a nice pistol to train a non shooter on.

Snyperx

How much 22 ammo do you have? It is not as easy to find as 9mm. If you have plenty I love my sr22 so do my kids and their girlfriends. It is a nice pistol to train a non shooter on.

Right now I have about 1400 rounds of .22LR on hand.