Ruger Single Ten

AL45

Before buying a Ruger Single Ten I did a lot of research on the gun. Apparently several people had issues with Remington Golden .22 LR locking the cylinder down. Add me to the list. The Federal did fine, but not the Remington in my wife's new gun. Either Ruger's tolerances are very tight, or Remington's ammo is out of specs. Either way, I'll try to stick to something else.

AL45

g.willikers, when we pulled the hammer back, it wouldn't rotate the cylinder all the way. The hammer would lock back, but the trigger was not cocked. You could then grasp the cylinder and rotate into position. It didn't happen on every round, but all too often. We fired 50 rounds of Federal and then began having problems within the first 10 rounds of Remington. The powder built up on the end of the ejector rod housing to the point that it took some force to break through the residue in order to eject the cases. I don't know if the dirty powder was a Federal problem or Remington problem. I've used the Remington Golden bullets in all other .22's without any problem.

Lavan

I always had sticky problems with Remington in my K-22. I had numerous FTF with Federal in all guns.
I don't have any issues when using CCI and ....almost...none with Winchester.
My findings anyhow.

WIL TERRY

THAT is a tolerance stack and both gun and cartridge are probably within SAAMI specifications. There is NOTHING wrong with either the pistol nor the cartridges.
IF the gun dies not like a certain load DO NOT USE THE LOAD. It is a damnsite better than having a case of fattassed chambers that the cartridges fall in and then shoot like a Whamo slingshot.
And so it goes...

AL45

I've always had the best luck with CCI ammunition in all my various .22lr. I'll stick with that if I can find it.