Ruger Single Six Owners

mec

this one will get you mixed replies

most seem to report the magnum is more accurate which goes along with the theory when they just came out. A good many however, will report better accuracy with the long rifle cylinder.

I've had two of these with 9.5" barrel-still have one. both of these were extremely accurate -<1"> at 25 yards with both cylinders. As a bonus, the long barreled ones put most loads pretty much to the same point of impact.

Good Guy

Mine's a '69 vintage. The 22WMR cylinder is the more accurate and really does a number on pint-sized varmints. Of course it's also the cylinder that gets shot the most too.

When it comes to plinking with a 22lr handgun, I prefer an auto or a DA revolver. Takes too long (for me) to go through a brick of long rifle with a SA. So the old Ruger doesn't get shot much compared to the K22's or MKII.

RugerSAfan

Love my single-six. For whatever reason, have always enjoyed the loading / unloading of the SA. The automatics are fun at first, but you sure go through the ammo.

Since the club I belong to has an outside range, it's nice to enjoy the fresh air while loading/unloading.