Ruger Single Six .22

Greg L

Just got back from the store with the above Ruger (cylinder says Bisley Model). Don't know a thing about them. Looks like it has never been fired (sold as used). Top was drilled and tapped for a scope. Came with a nice leather cowboy style LH holster (not sure how he planned on using the holster with a scope on :rolleyes: ). Cost $200. Did I manage to find my good buy for the year?

Oh yeah almost forgot, the belt came with 21 rounds of .22 already in the loops. :D

K

KilgorII

If it is in good shape with both cylinders then that's a pretty good deal. Even better if it's stainless steel.

slabsides

Member In Memoriam
The Ruger company, unreasonably, refuses to supply the .22 SSix BISLEY model with the .22 WRM cylinder...and they won't even retrofit it, or explain why
I assume that the Bisley cylinder on your gun is orginal, and that the Bisley grip frame and low hammer are also present. If not, the cylinder may NOT be original to the gun, and may not be safe to fire. The last four digits of the frame serial number should be engraved sloppily on the front face of the cylinder in 'buzzy pencil'.
If the drilling/tapping was neatly done, and everything else is in order, you got a reasonably good deal on what is argueably the best all-around plinking/hunting rimfire revolver.

------------------
If they take our guns, I intend to let my hair grow long and acquire the jawbone of an ass.

K

KilgorII

Ahh didn't realize the Bisley model didn't come with the conversion. Hmmm, still a decent deal if it in good shape.

Greg L

Ok, thanks guys. The cylinder does have the "buzzy" #'s on it. I primarily got it for plinking so it should work well for that. I guess most importantly of all it passed the spouse test with flying colors "Oooh pretty, is it mine?" "Nope, but you can use it (if you can pry it out of the boy's hands)" I guess I can fill up the safe as long as I do it with things that the rest of the family wants to shoot.

makarov

The Bisley models are more of a target pistol. In order for a gun to convert to .22 Mag they have to split the difference in the dimension of the bore (it isn't much) - if you make it .22 LR only you can tighten up your tolerances just that much more. That is my understanding of why it is .22LR only. I don't think they make the Bisley in stainless, but $200 is OK. They go for around $299 brand new at our local gunshop.