Ruger Security Six Grips on Clearance

chewie146

Hey all. I know that the Security Six is a popular handgun with some of you. I don't own one, but while looking at stuff on Ruger's website for my Blackhawk, I found some grips for those old revolvers on clearance. They're found at http://shopruger.com/RLG-Security-Six-Grips/productinfo/19935/. I figured I'd pass that along to you all. They're 10 bucks apiece or 50 bucks for a set of 6. I don't know why you'd want a set of six, but they're there if you need them.

got2hav1

I bought a set of these last month and they are nice. They look great and feel much better than the small grips that came on my Security Six. Price is right for sure!:D

IKE

I've got a stainless 4" Security Six made in 1976 (it has the 200th year engraving) with a first three of 152-.

Just want to be sure I'm reading the description correctly, they will fit my gun correct ?

Ike

Last edited:

Homerboy

I've got a stainless 4" Security Six made in 1976 (it has the 200th year engraving) with a first three of 152-.

Just want to be sure I'm reading the description correctly, they will fit my gun correct ?

Yep. They'll fit. I ordered a pair from CDNN for 2 bucks cheaper. Also new in the package. Must have found a boatload of them. They look much bette than the original thin wood stocks. My Service Six is wearing those as I type. They'll be coming off when the new ones arrive.

Lost Sheep

4V50 Gary said:
Can at a dime be used to remove those grips?

I understand that Ruger changed the shape of the backstrap a little at some time during the production of the Sixes. Since these are the target grips that cover up the backstrap, I figure that if they don't fit, a Dremel tool could fix that.

I also THINK, but do not know that they might fit the Speed Six also. The Speed Six's grip's difference to the others was mainly the rounded butt. If you wanted target grips on your speed six, these might work. Buyer beware. But for $10.01 plus shipping it might be worth the chance.

Lost Sheep

Crazy88Fingers

Lost Sheep, I'm pretty sure these leave the back strap exposed. I bought some a while back, in the grey packaging, that are built like that.

skidder

My grips came a couple days ago. Hard to beat that price.

Thanks again for the heads up.

SixGrips2.jpg

SixGrips.jpg

Homerboy

Just got mine too. What a difference between these and the stock skinny grips. My Service six feels better than any of my S&W's now. Much better than a S&W K frame with the stock Target grips.