Ruger SBH sight blade

E.J.W.

I have a '73 vintage SBH. I bought a new white outline rear sight blade and it is thicker than the original thus will not fit into the blade slot.
New blade is .050" where the original is .040" thick.
Anyone know if Ruger changed the slot size at some point?
This SBH was my Dad's. He bought it new in '73 and I don't want to change more of it just to know if the white outline helps my aging eyes to align things better. Last resort would be to thin the new blade down to fit and re-blue it as I don't want to change the sight base or add a scope.
Thanks
E.

KEYBEAR

I have had the same problem . I sent a SBH out to have a new rear sight and it came back like your gun . Sight blades are cheap and can be found if you look. I like a little air around the front sight .

E.J.W.

The notch is the same size, but the thickness of the blade material is the issue. It cannot be inserted into the slot of the rear sight base. I'm going to take it to work this weekend and see if I can reduce the thickness along the bottom where it rides in the slot. It also has a hump (curved bottom) where the original is flat across the bottom. We'll see how it goes.