Ruger SA .22's

Laker

I've got a Walther P22 and have had enough of it. I'm going to make a trade/deal on a Ruger. Local shop has several Single sixes and one Bearcat. The Singles range from 5.5 barrel and up and the Bearcat is a 4". Will be used as a plinker and at the range for fun. Which one do you like.

Thanks, Steve

sandbag

If the

Single-Six is a 22Magnum/22LR convertible,the accuracy of the LR shooting may be affected because of the slightly larger barrel diameter to accomodate the 22Magnum.The latter is just fine to shoot in th convertible.

jlwman

I've only held the Single Six, but that's the one I own. I love it and wouldn't trade it for anything.

wb4tjh

Presently, I own a new model stainless steel Bearcat. I also had an original model back in the 1960s. It's an ideal trail gun for close range plinking or snakes. I've also owned a single six with a 5.5 inch barrel, and the single six is a bit easier to do serious shooting with because it has adjustable sights. It's the best for range shooting, in my opinion. But I still think the Bearcat is better for me because it's small, light and easy to pack and to shoot. It's easier to conceal, but plenty potent when needed.

model18

Ruger SA.22

I have several Ruger Single Six revo's and prefer the "Bisley" grip design. I also like the longer barrels ie: 5 1/2-6 1/2 inch

Laker

I'm not a little guy(6' 160) but I don't have big hands, so I'll hold the Bearcat and see. The singles are convertible but I'd probably never use the magnum. We'll see.

Charley, my son lives in Goldsboro. I really like NC

Steve

Sarvisian

I've got a 5.5" Single Six as well as a Bearcat and both are outstanding guns. For an all around gun I think I'd lean towards the Single-Six simply because it's easier to shoot well due to the better sights and being easier to hold for an adult. I also love the .22Mag. The Bearcat is a great little plinker and nice and light for general woods bumming without a purpose. The one that feels best in your hand is where you should go if the magnum isn't a big deal to you.

Good luck.

ddeyo1

i have a single 6 with a 6 inch barrel. the thing i really like about it is that you can switch between .22 and .22 mag. Ive carried it for a few years on my trpline. like it alot but id like to have a beefier grip.

I have a 4" stainless Single Six, a 6" Bisley, and a Bearcat.

If I had to narrow it down to one it would be the Single Six.

Paochow

+1 for the Single Six. Here is my now discontinued Hunter model with and without glass....

DSC03414.jpg

IMG_5659.jpg

Sgt.Fathead

I've got both but if I had to choose, I'd get the Single Six. We bought my wife a P22 a few years ago because she liked the rental one at the range. It was sold rather quickly. POS.