Ruger P95??

tonyz

Can anyone that has shot a Ruger P95 tell me
What kind of accuracy you are getting at 50 feet or 25 yards. I reload my own ammo even with the best ammo.shooting benchrest with 10 rounds I'll get 5-7 in a 3 inch group and the others go every where. I have try mach ammo 7 or 8 differant reloads and the best i can get is with a 125 berrys bullet with titegroup 4.4 grain and a good crimp, OAL 1.130

Any Info would be apprecated

Thanks tony Z :mad:

RON 1

I am a ruger fan and think they offer one of the best values out there, but the trigger pull on most new ruger autos, seem to leave something to be desired. and I think that is the main reason there are conplaints about accuracy. On the other hand no one ever complains about there ability to digest just about any sort of ammo without a burp..I think ruger does a great job for the price they sell for. A SUPER AMERICAN COMPANY

cnemeth

Many peopel have stated that after alot of shooting or dry-firing ( I think after several thousands trigger pulls) The trigger becomes much smoother.

Chris Nemeth

denfoote

I used a P95 to qualify for my CCW. I shot a TQ-15 target. The distances were 3yd,7yd,10yd,and 15yd. I shot 95% out of 100%. At 15yd, 2in groups are very common for me. While the P95 will digest anything, it does not always like everything it eats. Try this: buy one box of a lot of different ammo. Go to the range, and shoot with an eye toward seeing what the pistol likes in terms of accuracy. When you find what it likes, buy that brand, and use it. Remember to vary the bullet weights as well as the brands. The P95 is a great pistol that will give you years of faithful service. All you have to do is keep it clean, and feed it right. :) :) :)

------------------
Glocks may come, and Glocks may go, but WALTHERS are FOREVER!!!

Off my meds (quit smoking), armed to the teeth, and loose on an unsuspecting society!!!

tonyz

I am a true ruger fan. I agree that they make some of the best guns around I own several, and am going to get the GP100 38/357 mag 4" Barrel,With adjustable sights.
But my P95 just doesn't seem to be shooting as accurate as I think it should. I have used many types of factory ammo and my own reloads.
If I can shoot a 2 1/2 group at 50' with my 380 bursa.I would think my P95 should shoot as good.if not better!

Thanks Tony Z

[This message has been edited by tonyz (edited March 13, 2000).]

Ben

I recommend just about ANY Ruger. My P-95's been good to me. And standard-cap factory mags are available for less than many other guns.

Ben

------------------
Almost Online IM: BenK911
ICQ # 53788523
"Gun Control Is Being Able To Hit Your Target"

makarov

I'm not sure how accurate the Ruger is *supposed* to be, but comparing it to a fixed barrel .380 is probably not the best comparison gun. The fixed barrel guns are supposed to be more inherently accurate.

admiral

Hi Tony,

I'm not sure what kind of reloading dies you are using, but I have a set of Lee dies in 9mm. I might be wrong, but, with 9mm or 45 acp the head space is on the case rim and a crimp may allow for excessive play in the chamber. I am fairly new to reloading but I think this is correct.
My 3 die set does not include a crimp option.
I wouldn't take my word for it, but maybe someone with more knowledge can confirm this theory.
I have a P95 and get approx. 4" groups at 20 yds. with my reloads. I tried some 115 gr. HP, but had much better results with Hornady BTHP/XTP in 147 gr. with a Hi-Skor 800-X.

Hope this helps
Good Luck

tonyz

Admiral

I am using a dillion Square Deal B. And have had no problum's with the reloading. As I stated I have also tryed alot of factory ammo
with the same results.
But if your getting a 4" group at 20 yards then I am shooting about right. yesterday I shot 125 grain barry's bullets and 4.4 grains of Titegroup reloads and did keep most of them in a 3" group at 50'
And yes my bersa would be more accurate because of the fixed barrel.

Anyone else got some comments

Thanks Tony Z :)

Chad Young

Admiral-

Actually, auto cartridges headspace off the case mouth, which is why you do not "roll" crimp them, as you do with most pistol cartridges, which headspace off the rim. Ideally, one should use a good tight taper crimp on auto cartridges.

I have a P89 that will shoot about 3" at 15 yards or so with factory ammo and me behind the trigger (probably do better for some of you better shooters). I have had accuracy problems with lead loads, however, to the point of not using them anymore. I did have good luck with 115 grain FMJ from Star Ammunition over 4.8 grains of Winchester 231. I have also had good luck with Blaser ammo, beleive it or not.

leedesert

Hey Tony,
Shooters skills aside, you should be getting 3" and under from 25yd. At 15yd around 2" is good. Try firing from bench rest and see how it goes. I get those results with both the P95 and P97. Both these guns are very accurate. Mine had very smooth trigger pulls out of the box but after some dirt get's in the trigger and sear area you get a gritty pull. Make sure you clean all the area's that pivot and move in your trigger area. If you take the trigger area apart watch out for flying springs. I also polished all my metal pivot point on my trigger, sear, and hammer. Good luck.

------------------
"It is easier to get out of jail then it is a morgue"
Live long and defend yourself!
John 3:16