Ruger P95 Hi-Caps?

ZeusOne

Thought I'd buy a few 15 round mags for my Ruger P95. I'm not finding much variety outside of brands like USA, and ProMag. Does anyone have brand/source recommendations specific to the P95 based on experience?

Drakejake

I just ran across this source for mags: www.hoosiergunworks.com. They list some reasonably priced hi-cap factory mags for Ruger 9mms. I have three stainless USA mags ($15 each) which have worked fine. Mec-Gars, although pricey, are as good or better than the original hi-caps.

Drakejake

mini14jac

I got some stainless hi-caps from Sportsman's Guide for around $11 each, after Buyer's Club discount.
(I think they were Promag, but the people at S.G. couldn't tell me.)

These will work if you are willing to "tweak" on them.
Some had to have the mag body compressed a little, so they would fit and drop free.
Some had to have the lips bent in a little, so the slide wouldn't lock with the last round still in the mag.
I replaced the baseplate, spring, and follower with Ruger parts.
They work like factory.

If you want real factory mags, which are the best, try the following:
www.ebay.com
www.gunbroker.com
www.auctionarms.com

These are all auction sites.
I have found factory Ruger hicaps for $28 each delivered.

ojibweindian

I bought some USA 15rd mags for my P95 and they were terrible! What I did to make them work was replace the followers with followers from Ruger, and mess with the feed lips a wee bit. I've since sent several hundred rounds downrange with these mags, and have not experienced any more feeding problems.

As a matter of fact, I now use them as my carry mags.

denfoote

Factory Ruger mags are best, if you can find them!! I bought all my 15 rounders years ago before they went rare!! :D