Ruger P90 Your Opinion

tonyz

I just got back from buying a ruger P90 from
a Coworker. I was not looking for the ruger in 45 but They were hurting for money. So I offered them $240.00 for the Pistol. Its LNIB with 200 rounds of ammo. Two Mag's, Stainless with decocker on the slide just like my P95.
Well I did not think I would hear back but did. I now own the P90. I would like to here your opinions about this pistol. I sure love my P95.
And other ruger models.

Thanks

TonyZ:D

Will Beararms

Hey Tony: aren't you the guy who defined boycott for me?

If you are which are you my friend------------------the pot or the kettle? Remember: Bill Ruger designed the 10 mag limit we are stuck with.

Otherwise, the P90 is a great pistol and will digest any factory round you feed it. Due the investment cast slide, it needs a light coat of oil at all times and do not store it in a leather holster.

Great gun-------------------you did well on the price too.

swatman

They are great pistols. Next to my Glocks it is my favorite handgun..excellent accuracy and totally reliable with ANY kind of ammo.:D

CZ_

P90

For the money, that is a very good buy. :)

My experience with the P90:

+ Top notch reliability

+ Good accuracy (not great though)

+ Durable...a true "workhorse"

- Outdated design (IMO)

- Below average fit (parts) and finish

- Crappy trigger, shaky ergonomics

Overall, I'd say its an above average pistol...but considering the price its very good in its price range. ;) Again, you made a good buy...I think you will like it.

I think the P90 is a good gun, but I think the P97 is better. Not only is the newer P97 slimmer and more attractive, there are fewer parts and those fewer parts are multi-tasked. It's interesting to compare the various Ruger pistols to study the evolution of a design. At $240, I wouldn't argue and would have bought it too.

tonyz

Hey Tony: aren't you the guy who defined boycott for me?

Yes I defined BoyCott: I don't remmember that I was BoyCotting Ruger. I greatly Disagree what Bill Ruger Did. But I have keep true to the BoyCott that I agreed to with *&*. They have several revolvers I love to have but can't.

This is really not the Issue, but I have All the HI Caps I want.

Tony

plunker

I have shot all sorts of cal. The p90 Ruger is the most accurate next to the 22/45 I have at home. I shoot Beretta's now but the p90 is a shooter. plunker

Will Beararms

Oh, I get it conditional ethics..................

Who did the most damage? Ruger or S&W? How many here have been hurt by the S&W agreement the last time you went to buy a handgun? How many here have been hurt by the 10-round mag limit? You see it is relevant.

Tony I have read many of your posts and from what I can tell you're the genuine article but let's face it; Ruger and S&W are in the same category.