Ruger Old Army

kirpi97

I have an opportunity to purchase a Ruger Old Army Stainless Steel. Not being overly familiar with the revolver itself, except what I have read here. I am wondering what is a fair market value today? I know what the blue books yields, but I find them out of date with various areas and the popularity.

So I am pleading to the owners of the ROAs to give me a ball park value. This way I have an idea if this is the route I want to go.

Thanks.:confused:

arcticap

You're not specifying if it's new or used, with or without sights or the barrel length.
It's a seller's market for new ROA's.
Used blue & SS models can start around $300 more or less. But the prices can quickly escalate depending on the condition and the selling venue.
There's good deals to be had between private parties if the gun is an older used one and the seller just wants to liquidate.
Here's current delivered prices for new ROA's from Bud's Gun Shop, one of the less expensive online vendors:

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...id=e7ac424bfdf573480d8ae49917392dcc&x=20&y=10

Last edited:

kirpi97

My bad. I made the error of not specifying that the ROA is new. In the sense that it hasn't been shot.

As I said, I am not all that familiar with ROAs. All the ones I have seen came with the rear adjustable sites. So I took that for granted.

The barrel length is 7 1/2".

Sorry.

Pahoo

So I am pleading to the owners of the ROAs to give me a ball park value. This way I have an idea if this is the route I want to go.
I find that the owner of the gun, has to state his price or should. Once stated, you can negociate from there. Two years ago I was given a price on a new shorter barrel ROA, in blue, for $416.00. A year later, bought a slightly used one, for $250.00 and that was a steal. Recently I have seen used S.S. models in 7-1/2" for $300.00 and $350.00. Don't worry that these are no longer being made by Ruger and there are still plenty around and they are the best. Hope this helps and good luck!!

Be Safe !!!

mykeal

Bud's Gun Shop (the one that can't get them any more) has two new 7 1/2" barrel stainless (satin) with rosewood grips for sale. One has fixed sights priced at $450, and one has adjustable sights priced at $530.
21_49_117

kirpi97

kwhi43, where? I would jump at it. The cost for the one I am looking at is $499. It seemed steep to me. But a $300 SS ROA, that I would probably bite on.

Pass on the details.

kwhi43

Well it belonged to one of the guys at our Black Powder Club. I already have
one, so I really didn't need it. Went up to the gun show and saw several
for 325-350. So I told him no, and he sold it to another buddy of mine for
250 and a old junk flintlock pistol worth about 50.

kirpi97

So goes the story of my life. I see and hear of others good fortune. But I seem to come up a dollar short and a day late. Since I have also been looking for a cheap flintlock, that makes this deal even more disheartening. Sure your friend doesn't feel he was ripped off. Check with him, I would be more than happy to relieve him of such disappointment and refund him the $300 spent. A fool, like me, and my monies are soon parted.:D:D:D

Maybe I need to go with you and your fur trader the next time you all go to a gun show and get me a deal like that.:rolleyes:

williamfeldmann

Anyone still have these NIB

I have been trying to get a stainless with adjustable sights for a while and everywhere I look is out. Anyone know where there is one for sale? (with phone numbers if it is your local shop)

I missed the last one at the gun works by 10 minutes. :(

sundance44s

Give this shop a call for a new ROA last time I spoke with them I was told they could get them still new in the box ...been a month or two , but they may still have them .......I`ve bought 2 ROA Stainless R&D conversion cylinders from them for 210.00 each ......So they have good prices ..and are good folks to deal with ....Triangle C ..660 359 6849 ...they are located in N. Mo.

williamfeldmann

Bud's has them as out of stock

I tried all the sites listed including regularly checking Auction Arms, Gun Broker, and Guns America. As of 1/9/09 I don't see any stainless NIB, but see several Blued. Maybe I will have to suck it up and go for the blued.

kirpi97

Oh, thanks Montana. You're suppose to tell me in secret. Now there are more bidders in the pot. How am I ever going to find that $300 SS ROA if the world is out there beating down the door in front of me.

Thanks for the heads up. :D:D:D

Smokin_Gun

Montana,
Congrads on your SS ROA...that's a keeper in more ways than one. Nice to know ya have good friend that trusts you'll continue with his pride and joy where he left off.
Good postin' man!

SG