ruger old army ss 45 early, whats value?

eastbank

i picked up this SS ruger old army,200th year in ex used con,serial number 5247, shoots very good. what would a pistol like this be worth? thanks eastbank.

Attachments

• Picture 645.jpg
    Picture 645.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 133
  • Picture 651.jpg
    Picture 651.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 70
  • Picture 649.jpg
    Picture 649.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 65

Hawg

Dunno bout anniversary models but SS NIB are going for around 500. How can they have a 200th year when they've only been in business since 1949 and the ROA didn't come about til 1973?:confused:

eastbank

on the barrel is (made in the 200th year of american liberty) i guess that means it was made in 1976. eastbank.

mykeal

Rugers with the "200th Year" stamp are known as "Liberty Models", made in 1976. They generally command a premium of $75-$100 on NIB guns, somewhat less to zero on used guns depending on condition. The market is still a bit unsettled from Ruger's discontinuance of ROA production a year ago, and Liberty Models are getting a bit scarce. If it's truly excellent condition $500 is not out of line, $600 is a bit above market.

madcratebuilder

NIB stainless ROA's have brought some really high prices lately on gunbroker. Almost twice what i paid for mine.
With some clear photo's you may get $600 plus. I have seen final bids over $600 and was told of a Liberty Model that went for $800. Someone wanted it very bad.

mykeal

Rugers have niche collectors who specialize in certain serial numbers or unusual traits. These collectors can bid the value of a given Ruger well beyond the market for a very similar gun without the special number or trait. That could easily account for an $800 bid on a Liberty Model ROA. It would be a mistake to extrapolate that to a regular gun.

arcticap

An unfired one was sold on Gunbroker in the last 2 months with only 1 bid for IIRC $505 plus shipping. I was keeping tabs on the auction.
I saw another unfired one without the box at a gunshow last month with grips that were sanded down to make them thinner. The vendor was asking for $500 but offered it to me for $450.

Dingoboyx

Wow Eastbank

attachment.php

Small world after all :D

I live in Canberra Australia, and have numbers 4125 & 7695 from the same lot. Evidently there were only 10,000 made?

Attachments

• TwoROA1.jpg
    TwoROA1.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

ClemBert

I'm gonna go with $425 if it includes the original box and paperwork. Because it is a Liberty model someone interested in that aspect may pay $475 to $525. Keep in mind many here would not pay what I posted while others would. This is just my take based on the general flow of ROA's on GunBroker.com in the last few months. JMHO