Ruger New Model rear sight pin.

Lavan

It's not a roll pin. It's solid. I saw it coming out of the frame while shooting today.
Pushed it in.
What's the best way to KEEP it in?
Rather not use Loctite but can if no better way.

Also don't really want to peen the hole over.

Thanks,

:)

DUH! Got the bright idea to Google it.

BEND THE PIN SLIGHTLY !!

Yeah, that should work.

Sorry. :eek:

Pahoo

Mine as well

After reading your post, I took a quick look at mine and sure enough, Mine is not out but was able to move it back and forth quite easily and will need watching. Until a better fix, gets posted, I'm going to use Lock-Tite, If you peen the hole tighter, I suspect it will show. This is a very small hole. An alternative would be to remove the pin and score it to make it tighter....... :confused:

I'm going to have to review my schematic to get a better idea of it's fit Even though it's working out, it might not work out all the way. .... :)

Be Safe !!!

KEYBEAR

Never had a Ruger Super Blackhawk i did not need to bend that pin (JUST A LITTLE) . You do not need to remove the Pin just bring it out 3/4 way and bend it a little . Lock-Tite will get hot and not work to well .

recoil junky

Flatten one end ever so slightly and push it back in (right to left) til the flattened end needs "driven" in with a wee brass drift.

RJ

Lavan

The bending works great. Just drive it PARTIALLY out of the frame and TAP it a couple times with a hammer.
Presto! :)