Ruger mmkSeries for S/D?

ZVP

I had a bad blood clot in the right arm leaving about 50percent muscle strength. What I'm concerned wirh is that it's near impossible to pull my . The mob has used the Mk Series Rutgers with good success to alleviate "problems"
With... I can't pull my model 36 Chief through with 1 hand! The former owner bobbed the hammer, a nice job but impractical for me now.
Icould operate the venerable 4" Mark series through and chamber rounds in it. Velocity would be good with that barrel.
I considered the synthetic Rugwe but have herd of reliability problems with the pistols… I know the metal Mk series works!
I even considered a few S/A only 9 mms but the trigger pulls
worry me!
I have avniceS&W model 10 that. may have to make do with thumb cocking the hammer and shooting S/A with it.
This clot acts like a paralyzed right hand I can’t evlen werite my name!

I' gonna have to really work through this

I have a sweet Beretta Model 21.

dogtown tom

ZVP....The mob has used the Mk Series Rutgers with good success to alleviate "problems"
Only in the movies.

I have a sweet Beretta Model 21.
If it's the only pistol you can reliably operate it may be the only choice.
If recoil is not an issue then look at other Beretta pistols with the tip up barrels.

T. O'Heir

At "about 50 percent muscle strength" it's not going to matter what you use. The brand will make no difference. I suspect you're going to have to learn to be left handed.
Can you cock the M 10? If the thing hasn't had a trigger job, do that too. Makes everything much smoother.
Replacing the 36's hammer with an original might work. It'll still need a trigger job though.

9x19

If you've lost that much hand strength, I'd wonder if you could hold onto any center-fire handgun during recoil?

Like T O'heir said, you may need to start practicing left handed.

In .22LR pistols, the Bersa have run well for me, and lots of people have had good results with Rugers SR22 pistol. My daughter in law loves hers. On the larger size the 22/45 is a good choice. I currently have three of them and no issues.