Ruger MKIII Tandemkross bushing problem

Nytelyte

I have Ruger MKIII target, and I ordered the Tandemkross mag disconnect / drop free bushing.
Install went easy with now issues (other than the standard MKIII takedown / assembly swearing) BUT:

Right now I have two mutually exclusive conditions. EITHER the magazine will snap in and seat properly, OR I can have the barrel/bolt carrier rearward enough that the mainspring pin will go up far enough for reassembly. If I set the bolt carrier / barrel far enough to the rear where the pin will go completely through the body and seat properly, the magazine will go in until there is about 1/2 in remaining and stick, not to seat and won't function.

I've had this thing apart / together a couple times before and never had this problem. I know it is a finiky firearm as far as assembly, but this is a new one and I can't figure it out. I'm not blaming the tandemkross bushing (as far as I can test so far the trigger is much nicer and the mag drop / safety disconnect is awesome) as it could be, and likely is, my fumblefingered fault.

Any thoughts? Thanks!!

TANDEMKROSS

Give us a Call..

Nytelyte,

That is a new one to me as well... You can give us a call and I will be happy to see if I can help over the phone.

This is Jake from TANDEMKROSS.

Did you have any issues with the sear or the sear spring when installing the bushing? I would also check the hammer pin and ensure that it is seated all the way into the frame.

We can work through the issue over the phone as well. Just give us a call.

Thanks!

Nytelyte

Jake, Thanks! Sorry for my slow reply, its been a busy couple days for me.
As much as I can tell, everything else went together properly and is in its proper place.
I'll give you a buzz tomorrow.
I appreciate it!

RagingBull

Wel from this thread, I decided to order this bushing along with another part or two to bring my 22/45 target to a better level.

Cant wait to feel the difference! :D

And now I also know that, IF I have a problem, quality, reliable help is just phone call away.

I'll also keep an eye here in case I run into any similar problems. Thanks guys!!

Nytelyte

Wanted to post an update.
Jake contacted me through here & PM, I've spoken with him. He was willing to set up a skype session, come in on a weekend, whatever it took to help me to get this functioning. In the long run it was (as I expected) my own error, the Tandemkross bushing is flawless.
My Ruger is operating properly now, mags drop free, the trigger feels a bit more crisp and i'm not worried about parts failure.

Don't hesitate to spend your money with these folks, they'll take care of you any way they can if you need it.

James

RagingBull

Just installed my bushing last night after letting it sit on my coffee table waiting for the VQ sear. It came in day before yesterday.

Bottom line....love that the magazines drop freely now. Great product! Thank you TandemKross!!

Last edited: