Ruger Mk4B is jamming.

Lavan

Fairly new gun. Frame is the original MkII style. With the 4" bbl.

The empty case gets trapped above the round being chambered.

I...suspect... a magazine which I will test by using BOTH mags and paying some attention.

Next would be the extractor. Except the case is pulled free very nicely and just gets trapped above the newly chambering round.

A...far out.. possibility is the short barrel. I wonder if a shorter barrel provides less ooomph in blowing back an empty case.

Anyone dealt with this particular malfunction before?

This happens with both standard velocity and hi speed ammo.

:confused:

cryption

in my MKII i found the federal high velocity are the best, I get problems with remmington. It won't chamber the round properly, and I predict it's the round not giving enough power to fully actuate it

zippyfusenet

I have a 22/45 with 5" BBL. I was getting some FTEs. Ever taken your mags apart and really cleaned them? I did mine after about 10K rounds and they were filthy. No more FTEs.

Lavan

Just tried it. One mag had a FTFeed on about round 7. The other worked just fine.

NEITHER did the full mag jam as before.

I....slathered... the bolt with Slick50 Teflon spray. Especially on the bolt guide rod. That may have been the problem. The gun had been fairly dry.

:confused:

zippyfusenet

Lubing the bolt is good, especially those channels on the bottom that the guides slide through.

Some people say don't lub your magazines, but I always use a cotton swab to wipe a little oil onto the edges of that channel down the side, that the button rides in.