Ruger Mk II upgrades

Hunter2678

Picked up a LNIB but used MK II Competition Target (slabside) last week..Anyone make any good upgrades on their MK IIs that they felt were definitely worth it?...I can think of a new aftermarket trigger, sear, and grips..but does anyone have anything else to add that are "must haves"?

MOshooter65202

Congrats!!
I have the same pistol I bought the first year it was produced the only thing I did to mine was mount a scope and feed it lots of ammo.Those MkII Comp. Targets are some very accurate 22 pistols and will out shoot a lot of 22 rifles from my experience.

Hunter2678

Thanks...I noticed that Volquartsen has some very nice lamintated grips and trigger configurations out for these...im also considering putting on a Crimson trace laser grip set too...that would be killer fun to plink and hunt with...

Feel free to post up pics of your MKII or MKIII if you got em...:cool:

May give me some ideas...

MOshooter65202

I hear Volquartsen have some excellent quality custom parts for the Ruger MkII's
They are "Killer Fun" to plink with,I also squirrel and rabbit hunt with the mkII I am sure you will enjoy your mkII :cool:

MOshooter65202

IMG_0294.jpg

af3da3a5.jpg

WIL TERRY

AFTER seeing the graphics of the stocks on that MKII I have to ask what use to be a very common question at Camp Perry.

Do your thumbs REALLY get that tired ???

pilpens

Upgrades I I have on my slabside are:
1. Marvel or Clark trigger - Marvel is a pain to set up compared to ones with exposed overtravel screw like Clark but I like it because it is adjustable for trigger reach. I have a Clark on another. Lack of serration on marvel is not an issue for me. In fact, when shooting, I do not noticed the lack of serration.
2. VQ sear - greatly decrease trigger pull.
3. VQ Hammer - maybe... Original hammer maybe good enough.
4. Grip - maybe - depends on what you want. I have the finger groove wood grips + skateboard tape. Helps with the steep MKII grip angle.
5. VQ rear sight - maybe if you have extra cash to burn.

- On both of my MKIIs, I have reduced the hammer/sear engagement just a hair to reduce creep (not gritty but it can be felt during slow trigger pull). One is very crisp, breaks like glass, no noticeable creep - approx 3.5lbs. Other still has very little smooth creep and only noticeable when pulling trigger very slow but pull weight is light (less than 3.5lbs pull).
attachment.php

pilpens

The Volquartsen comp works. It does reduce the movement of the pistol.
I bought it a long time ago thinking that it would make a significant difference. For my apllication, it is not worth the price. I do not compete. I can shoot my buckmarks and MKII slab w/o comp just as fast as I can shoot my comped 5.5 MKII.
I have it on my pistol now primarily for the added sight radius and it looks cool.
=====
It makes the pistol seem louder. Also, lead builds up in it after a while. The screw also loosen after a while - fixed with locktite on the screw and locktite around the barrel to help seal the gap between the comp and the barrel - makes it more stable and helps keep screw from backing out.

In all, not worth the price for my application.

OJ

IMG_0535.jpg

I only replaced the original grips with the Ruger wooden ones - more than just for good looks - I shoot it every week and love it - Government Target Model MK II