Ruger mK 3 or Browning buckmark?

rangermonroe

I am currently in love with the Ruger MK III Hunter in stainless. But it seems a bit pricey...$435

I saw and held a Browning buckmark 22 yesterday, and was wondering if anyone had any side by side experience with both.

Is one markedly better than the other?

Just some input would be appreciated, but I am biased to the MK 3

topspin43

Ruger vs Buckmark

Been there... done that. Got the Buckmark for these reasons.
1. Fit in my hand perfect
2. Price
3. Easier to clean/disassemble
4. Silky trigger (you'll say "Wow"!)
5. Eats any ammo out there/accuracy
6. It's a Browning!
7. Got the Camper with Tru-Glo for $270 out the door! $150 left over buys approx 8000 rounds of ammo at Wal-Mart!

nuff said?

sig-it

i agree with the advice to the buckmark, i just traded mine in when i got the M41, but...i loved my buckmark....there are a million different barrel options...easily mount weaver mount for red dot or scope and well they are the best 22 out there for the money.....if you like shooting glocks, hk...then go with the mkIII its got a more similar grip angle to what you would be shooting in higher caliber...but if your a 1911 stlye shooter, the buckmark is right up your alley...niether are bad guns, and despite what some will tell you...cleaning the mkII is easiy (once youve done it a couple times)....

NINE

Only the 22/45 model Ruger rimfire pistols mimic the 1911 grip angle. All adjustable sight model MKIII pistols come drilled and tapped, with weaver style base attachment.

HSMITH

Buckmark all the way. I've owned both, when I got the Buckmark the Rugers went on the used gun market and were sold off.

rangermonroe

I already have a couple rugers and love them both.

The mk3 hunter is sexy, but pricey

The browning buckmark is about $150 cheaper... but I know that you get what you pay for.

Easy E

I've got a MKIII Hunter...

Very nice gun. I like it alot. It balances well. The sights really jump out at you. It shoots as good as I am capable of. It eats anything I feed it. Win wildcats, federals, CCI green tags, and remingtons so far.

Downsides: The trigger is not as good as my MKII (probably has to do with the mag disconnect). Reassembly is a pain (as with all MKs)