Ruger Match Champion GP100 prices

Deaf Smith

Is $600 to much for a Ruger Match Champion GP100? This one has Novak rear sight and comes with box, papers, and a Ruger made leather holster. True it's used but in perfect condition. Has those fancy Ruger wood stocks I think made by Houge.

Thanks,

Deaf

UncleEd

Shown in the Buds ad is a SP101, the smaller 5-shooter.

I think the GP 100 Match Champions generally sell retail for a little over
$700 while the standard GP 100s go for a little over $600.

So the $600 price for a lightly used one with all the docs, etc. isn't out of line.

PatientWolf

Sounds like a decent price to me. Like new with a leather holster.

Don't all the Match Champions have the Novak rear sight?

T. O'Heir

Considering MSRP is $969, $600 isn't bad. Neither is $720. Cash speaks loudly.
No mention on Ruger's site of what adjustable sight is used. Likely the same one that came on my GP, 30 some years ago. Wasn't anywhere near $600 then.

Siggy-06

Yep new goes for $700ish online with either sight model. $600 for a like new w/ holster isnt a bad deal. If you can make a lower offer go for it ;)

Buy it. If it's anything like my stock GP 100 4.2" you got a real winner. I only carry semi's now but I refuse to sell my Ruger or trade it.

After you buy it, let us know how it handles

TruthTellers

$600 for a Match Champion GP100 is a great price. I'm seeing prices for standard SP101's around $550 and a standard GP100 is a far better gun than a standard SP101 and for $600 to get a Match Champion, nice grips and a better trigger, I don't think you can get a better deal than that.

smee78

I always thought it was funny that a match gun did not have an adjustable sight? The price is not bad with box and new holster, I would try to get it at $550, is this in a store or is this a private sell? Either way I would still try to haggle lol. Let us know what you decide.

ShootistPRS

Smee,
I don't understand, both the Ruger match guns come with adjustable sights. All GP100's come with adjustable sights.

I always thought it was funny that a match gun did not have an adjustable sight?

UncleEd

I like the fixed sighted version of the MC but if I had an adjustable one, which I did at one time, I wouldn't be sad.

The fixed sighted version was issued first and then Ruger responded to many
who wanted the adjustables.

For close in shooting, competition I think the fixed ones from Novak are just
honky dory. Ooops, I think honky dory dates me. :)

ShootistPRS

Ok, there are three out of 12 standard models that have fixed sights. I have never seen one that didn't have adjustable sights.

UncleEd

Shootist,

Check out Ruger's homepage; you'll see a picture of the fixed sighted
MC.

Headline over two guns boldly indicates you can have them either way.

I'm sure the adjustable one is more popular. But all those thousands
and thousands who have bought one or want one are just wrong.
I couldn't be wrong, could I? :eek:

Deaf Smith

Cool thing folks. On Novak's web site they have an ADJUSTABLE Novak rear sight. Elevation by clicks but windage by drifting. Same dimensions as the sights on the GP100!

Just in case one used different loads in the GP.

Oh yes.. I got the GP! It's mine now.

Deaf

Mr.Bro

I think you found a good deal, even being used. I wrote a post a while back about picking up the same fixed sight model on Buds. I had been eyeing it for a while and for some odd reason it was on sale for a few hours at $553 I think brand new! Needless to say I snatched that up. I wanted the adjustable sight but found I could purchase the novaks later for cheaper than the brand new model, as others have pointed out. So far I love the look of the fixed Novak sights better and haven't found a need to change them so it's turned out to be an even better deal. I typically shoot some steel plates at moderate distances and it works fine for that. Not planning to do any long range distance from a bag or anything of the sort with the MC.