Ruger MarkII 260

roc1

I was wondering if anyone has one of these and the overall consensus as far as accuracy, smoothness of action and how good are these rifles? i have a old tang safety model in 30-06 that is a good rifle and did have a Hawkeye in 7-08 that I sold to one of my electricians. i found this 260 in a pawn shop and was curious about it and the caliber if Rugers shoot well in this caliber or generally not so good.My other rifles shoot good not as good as my Savages or my Remingtons but decent.
Thanks for help
roc1

deputydad

I picked up a very slightly used MKII in 260 last year and really like this gun. Both of my 10yr. old kids used it last year and it did very well with the managed recoil ammo... has a 1 in 8 twist like a 260 should.

GONIF

the Savage will give you the best bang for the buck. :D Ruger riflels have never been known for thier accuracy. You Can't beat the Savage for dollar spent in the accuracy department.;)

GeauxTide

I have a Ruger Compact in 260 that is outstanding. I also have a Savage 16 WW in 260. The Ruger is a Climbing Stand piece with the short barrel. They both shoot under MOA with 120s. The short barrel still pushes 120s to 2660.

603Country

I also have a Ruger Compact in 260. A buddy sold it to me, saying that he couldn't make it shoot very well. Maybe he couldn't find the right load, because it sure shoots good for me. The action is smooth and the trigger is terrific (light and crisp). He might have had the trigger worked on, but I didn't ask. I shoot the 120 grain Nosler BT's over IMR4064, but plan to switch to Reloader 17 based on info from a fellow on this forum. I recommend the rifle.