Ruger Mark III redemption

I have officially redeemed myself. I made a error in bad judgement and sold a Ruger .22 pistol earlier. Yesterday there was a thanksgiving weekend sale at the local fun shop. There it was just begging for a home. A Ruger Mark III Target Bull Barrel wanting to go out to the range. When the range opens today you know where i'll be! :D

ruger22web.jpg

HisSoldier

Been thinking about one of those, my friend in Yuma bought one. Does anyone know what the stock trigger is like on those compared to a 1911? It sure would be cheaper to shoot, wife started complaining about $$ for ammo.

Shooters Plus

The trigger is lighter on mine compared to my stock 1911 triggers. Not quite as clean of a break as a 1911 but still a very nice trigger.

Good luck :)

JWT

Great choice. The Mark III is a very good gun. I've got the stainless, slab barrel, target model and really enjoy shooting it. I replaced the sights with a V-notch Hi-Viz (kept the original ones in case I want to switch back). Very accurate and fun to shoot.

sgjr

I have a Ruger Mark III bullnose and they are extremely accurate, cheap to shoot and a joy to own. Congrats!

woodspirits

yea, its a great pistol and will shoot your eye out......kinda of a hassle to field strip but not bad after you do it a few times.

markiii.jpg

jdc1244

Yes, thanks to the OP for confirming that selling one’s Mk III Bull bbl target pistol is a bad idea – I shall keep mine always. :)

Grip update:

I took the Ruger to the range for a break in and to get it sighted. Once sighted this thing was singin'. Nice and accurate but only one thing I didn't care for. The grips.... I just changed them out for the Hogue finger grooves with the thumbrest. Feels mucho better!

ruger22hogue.jpg