Ruger Mark II w/10" barrel

Dead-Nuts-Zero

Info Request - :confused:

Can anyone give me info on the Ruger Standard - Mark III series with 10" barrel?

Looking for info about what models had the factory 10" and were they special order or a Special Edition maybe?

Any report on how well they shoot etc. how they ballance out etc.

thanks as always...

sourdough44

A little checking on the Ruger website should tell. I'd think that would fall into the range & maybe limited stationary hunting catagory. A little on the long side for me.

Edward429451

I can give you info on the MKII with 10" barrel

It's awesome accurate.
It gives up velocities higher than a 10/22
It's not really cumbersome for such a long barrel
It's a great gun and highly recommended.

Pahoo

Have to agree with everything that Edward429451 has listed and then some. These were not a special run but eventually they were discontinued due to lack or popularity. Because of this, they are rare and many folks sure would like to have them. Use to see many at gun shows but no more. Yes, the barrel is long and I put small forearm on one that make it handier. Add to that a RedDot and a set of hogue grips with thumb rest and a fantastic shooter. If you are "eye-balling" one, get it and you wil have no regrets.

Be Safe !!!

Slopemeno

A friend of mine had a Mk-II stainless 10". It was really, really accurate with a red-dot sight. Due to it's size I found it to be more of a gun you'd take to plinking spot, rather than something I'd carry over hill and dale.

shortwave

Very good squirrel pistol. Most accurate and dependable. Only difference I would have made when I purchased mine many years ago is I wished I would have went SS.

zombieslayer

I have a nice, blued ruger mkII target with 10'' bull barrel. I take it every time I hit the range. Its extremely accurate. I've put well over 5000 rds through mine. It's my favorite gun in the safe.

Dead-Nuts-Zero

Thanks for the replys and for thedayattherange review. Just as I expected, Ruger gets a favorable standing.

It looks like the Mark II was the only 10" series?

Ballance was probably my main question. Anyone have any photos to share of their 10" with red dot, scope or other custom sight? And how does it handle with the extra weight of a scope?

Just added it to my want list!

:cool:

Lost Sheep

My 10"

Dead-Nuts-Zero said:
Info Request -

Can anyone give me info on the Ruger Standard - Mark III series with 10" barrel?

Looking for info about what models had the factory 10" and were they special order or a Special Edition maybe?

Any report on how well they shoot etc. how they ballance out etc.
I bought my 10" bull barrel Ruger Mark II used, so I cannot say if they were special ordered/special edition or not, but I suspect not. Mine has no markings on it indicating anything special.

However, it is a very special gun. It is as accurate as a comparable quality rifle, given the shorter sight radius. It does shoot groups less than half the size of my 5" bull barrel Ruger Mk II and standard target sighted Mark II.

It is unwieldy, though. Shooting unsupported is tiring and exceedingly barrel-heavy. I suspect a telescopic sight would help move the center of gravity back, but I suspect it would still be front-heavy and even more top-heavy.

But it is accurate.

Lost Sheep.